Sunday, May 01, 2005

What Will Really Get You Into Trouble at a Bachelor Party

How far is too far? Here are two stories that I heard recently. The first happened to one of my soccer team mates, and one of them happened a friend of his.

  1. The bachelor went out with his friends. When he is very drunk, his friends take off his clothing and tie him to a chair. They shave off all of his hair from neck to feet (yes, his pubes, too) and then dye his hair blonde. A bright blonde Argentinian is quite rare and quite a sight. This happens one week before the wedding. He gets his hair looking "kind of" normal brown for the big day after visits to two hair stylists.
  2. The bachelor passes out during the festivities. One of the "friends" (in quotes b/c I question how much of a friend this guy can really be) is a physician. He and the guys take the bachelor to his hospital. He puts a cast on the bachelor's leg from ankle to hip. When the bachelor awakens, the guys tell him he got so drunk that he fell and broke his leg. They let him go through not just his wedding, but his honeymoon, with the cast on.
I have to say, the second one is really rotten. In the US it's probably borderline illegal (then again, so is hiring Shuster's mom as the entertainment). Letting the poor guy hobble down the aisle? Letting him fly and travel on his honeymoon in a cast?

The first one is funny, but the thought of my friends ever saying, "I'd like to strip Sahil naked and shave his crotch" would really worry me. Just the sight of 5 drunk guys trying to work a razor in the region is very worriesome.

To my groomsmen: I'm looking forward to the bachelor party. I really don't want you to take a razor or any other sharp instrument anywhere near any part of my body. I don't want to be blonde, and I don't want to wake up with cast on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home