Monday, November 06, 2006

that oh shit feeling in your stomach

last night i realized that i couldn't remember when my passport expires. and that i left in atlanta. and that i'm in soflo this week. and that i'm leaving the country for bloodninja's bachelor party this friday (that's right, we're going big time for this one).

shit shit shit.

i can't believe i let this slip.

i can't remember the last time i renewed it. between 1994 and 2003 i had at least one trip abroad ever year. mrs. wintermute and i seem to remember that on the last one (canadachick's wedding) that mine was close to expiring.

i call the beav since i left a copy of my key with her. she's in italy. mothershitter.

i can't believe i forgot about this one. i hate procrastinating. even worse, i hate admitting to myself that i did. even worse, i'm going to have to admit to other people that i did because i can't get out of this one myself.

call moe this morning. thankfully, i catch him before he leaves for the airport for a business trip.

in the meantime, i've made an expedited renewal appointment for tomorrow. moe will grab my passport, overnight it to soflo, and then i'll renew it after dropping off mrs. wintermute at work tomorrow. i'm a lucky mofo that that one of the 10 regional renewal offices is in miami. it's going to cost me more than $100 all in, but it's my only way to a trip that i cannot, will not miss.

moe runs over to my place. another reason i'm a lucky mofo is that i know where every scrap of paper is in my atlanta apt. nothing is left to chance. it weirds some people out, but today it pays off big-time.

moe gets the passport.

it's good until 2009.

big, big sigh of relief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home