Saturday, December 16, 2006

bridge & tunnel

just landed at jkf. headed to long island to get the tuxes. mrs. wintermute already hopped on the train for ny.

reminds me of a funny, oft-repeated conversation from my emory days:

me: where are you from?
random long islander (i.e. every third student on my freshman dorm) "new york."
oh yeah? i have some family there. where from? the upper east?
"uhh, not manhattan."
oh yeah, dumb me, new york really means the five boroughs. my uncle lived in queens for a while. how about you?"
"well, err, kind of outside of the city."
like yonkers?
"actually, long island. dix hills."
i see.


dinner w/ the fam in tribeca, then meeting up with the crew. hopefully we won't end up at some bridge and tunnel bar in murray hill. it would be like young alumni of emory gathering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home