Monday, October 01, 2007

can't escape the nati

for the second monday in a row, i've found myself in my hometown. ok, across the river from it, as the cincinnati airport is actually in kentucky. anyway, being here reminds me of a good joke from my childhood:

a guy from kentucky (that's who guys from southern ohio make fun of. kentuckians make fun of west virginians) walks into the drugstore. "excuse me," he asks the lady behind the register.

"yes, how can i help you?" she smiles at him.

"well," he drawls, "i'm here shopping for a christmas gift for my cousin. i'm driving across the river to spend the holiday with his family."

the lady looks at him. "ok, well, do have have something in mind?"

"sure do," the fine lad from kentucky replies. "see, i really like the kentucky jelly you sell here. i was telling my cousin about how good it tastes on my toast every morning, and was wondering if you sell any OH jelly?"


can't escape the nati. next stop: the show-me state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home