Tuesday, February 17, 2009

fingers crossed

almost ten years ago, my brother and dad had a paired kidney transplant (my brother donated to my dad). today, my uncle (my dad's oldest brother) is having a cadaveric transplant. we found out last night that a kidney was available, and they wheeled my uncle into the OR at albany medical center about an hour ago for the six hour procedure. my uncle has been on dialysis for some time now, and it's a tough process. a successful transplant is a miracle gift.

the family is convening. my uncle, his wife and my cousins are already in albany, as is mpg and his parents. my parents will be in the air in a couple of hours on their way to ny.

as it happens, i'm on my way to boston for business. am blogging from a cab on rock creek parkway. am figuring out a way to drive to albany tonight after work and be with the family, and then fly to nashville tomorrow.

fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home