Wednesday, May 18, 2005

it is your destiny

tonight is possibly the cinematic highlight of my life. in 1983, my parents took my brother and me to see Return of the Jedi. it's the first movie i remember seeing in the theater and it changed my life. at the time, i had seen star wars but not empire strikes back, so i didn't understand all of the story line. my dad explained why han solo was in carbon freeze and how vadar was actually luke's dad.

growing up, my cousins and i would re-enact star wars during family get-togethers. at one point, my brother and i could recite every single line of episode iv, in order, from every scene, from memory. my older cousins raised the urban myth that 'someday' george lucas would make the first three episodes that explain how anakin became darth vadar.

and tonight it arrives. it goes without saying that episodes ii and iii grossly disappointed me. however, revenge of the sith promises to be everything those two episodes were not. the nytimes review claims that lucas 'redeems himself.'

i'm going to the local premiere at midnight tonight with a group friends. i wish i had a better outfit than my empire strikes back han solo jacket. i think i've convinced katie to wear princess leia hair buns.

here's a funny spoof pic.

stars wars--the last supper

2 Comments:

Blogger shoobie said...

indians dont have mitochlorians silly. i had to look it up so i could find the spelling.

my ixxperience awaits

10:55 AM  
Blogger The Texan Transplant said...

haha. and han solo was in carbonite.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home