Sunday, April 29, 2007

more nerves

we have a house!

ten minutes before bidding, the other bidder dropped out.

whew.

we revised our offer (downwards). at the end of the day, we got just about everything we wanted and ended up meeting them at asking price.

we could have done better, but i kind of lost my composure at the end of the negotiation. my agent didn't really help. she was leaving for her daughter's wedding shower and really wanted me to get the deal ratified that day. when i asked her what her advice on a negotiating position or strategy should be, all she offered was, "i think you should take it."

nice.

meanwhile, i'm trying to:
  • keep dr. wintermute updated
  • fend off my dad, who has lots of advice, but very little tact (comments included, "i'm disappointed," "i thought someone with a harvard degree would be better in negotiations," and my favorite, "tell them they can have it.").
  • run in and out of meetings
  • deal with the fact that one of my co-workers is an idiot
unsurprisingly, i'm rattled. not like i lose my cool externally or anything, but i simply forget to ask for a time out and think and plot out my options. i should have simply offered to meet their price in return for an extra 30 days delay until closing or having the seller pay my closing costs.

you would think i'd feel better now that i have a gotten through most of the buying process.

nope.

i have a serious case of my buyer's remorse and my dad is riding my case hard. this includes 11 pm emails on his own tips.

i should be feeling good, but instead i'm really, really stressed. i rarely get this way, but when i do, i'm a wreck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super-Super Congrats to you and Ms. W!!!! I'm sure you did a much better job of negotiating than anyone will admit to... and you have a house!! Well done:)
-JR in RI

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clarify here, because I think you did a good job negotiating, we did get an extra 30 days til closing out of them, and aren't closing 'til the end of June. It WILL be okay.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home